Love it or hate it, for most of us Christmas is a fairly frenetic time of year. Whether you’re hosting 30 or just trying to get your own children to sit at the table for long enough to wolf down a bit of turkey, most of us don’t have time to spend too long thinking about which outfit to pull on for the many and varied requirements of the festive period.
So this year, why not make life easier on yourself? A little planning time now (and maybe the odd little online purchase for yourself along with all that present buying), and the sartorial side of your Christmas need not cause you a moment’s stress, even if the rest of it is a little less relaxing.
I’ve shared my own festive period wardrobe plans below, but since everyone’s requirements are different I’ve also listed my top tips for planning your own most fabulous festive wardrobe.
Kettlewell clothes shown:
Christmas Eve: Merino wrap in Olive Marl, Long camisole in Soft White
Christmas Day: Long sleeve V in Dark Khaki
Boxing Day: Merino infinity scarf in Soft Lime Marl
27th-30th: Merino wrap in Olive Marl, Ruched crossover 3/4 sleeve top in Lime, Long leggings in Aubergine
New Years Eve: Sleeveless V neck in Soft White
New Year’s Day: Jersey trousers in Chocolate, Merino poncho in Moroccan Blue
Top tips for your fabulous festive wardrobe:
- Pick a narrow colour scheme from within your palette. I’ve stuck with greens, golds, aubergine and green.
- Add some bling! however you wear your colours, a bit of metallic, glitter, shine or sparkle will give you a bit of festive glamour.
- Make sure you add a pair of comfy boots. Christmas surely wouldn’t be Christmas without the odd walk to make room for more Christmas, food.
- Loungewear is your friend. For all those days when it doesn’t quite seem worth getting dressed but staying in your pyjamas for the third day in a row seems just wrong. The Kettlewell merino poncho is perfect for this, along with a pair of jersey trousers or leggings, scarves and wristwarmers.
- Accessories can make or break your capsule wardrobe. Give yourself plenty of options so you can mix and match your outfits even more.